Skip to main content

Useful Information


“Desde que llegué, todo el mundo me ha tratado muy bien y me han hecho sentir como en casa. Han estado muy pendientes de mí para que aprendiera con comodidad y he vivido una experiencia que seguro me irá muy bien tanto para mi vida profesional como personal.”

Sara Jaramillo, internship student from Medellín, Colombia

Sara Jaramillo, internship student from Medellín, Colombia


Zheko Dimitrov, internship student from Varna, Bulgaria

“The whole erasmus experience has made a fundamental change in my mindset, my dreams and goals in life and I can't wait to pursue them. If you have any doubts about doing Erasmus - well don't - it's frickin' awesome and I'm sure that you'll be 120% happy if you do it!”

Zheko Dimitrov, internship student from Varna, Bulgaria


Life on campus at the Faculty of Medicine Vic - Manresa

Your time at UVic-UCC

As an international student at the University of Vic - Central University of Catalonia (UVIC-UCC) you will be one of many students arriving each year from all over the world.

At UVic-UCC we try to make sure all your needs as a foreign student are satisfied. Support is provided to you by the International Relations Office and by the Internationalisation Units at each of the UVic faculties.

Our aim is to help you settle in as fast as possible – on and off campus. Information packages are distributed at the start of each new term to help you get acquainted with university services.

Catalan is the main UVic-UCC language of communication and is co-official with Spanish throughout Catalonia, so we strongly recommend that you register for the Catalan and Spanish language courses offered free at the University.

Enjoy your experience abroad

Visa, Foreigners' Identity Number (N.I.E.) & Legal Procedures

Whether from a Member State of the European Union or other states, students who want to reside in Spain for a period of more than three months are obliged to process the necessary documentation required by law. You will find all the information you need at the UVic website:

UVic International Students Legal Procedures


The Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation website contains information about entry requirements to Spain, visas and regulations concerning different nationalities. The UVic-UCC does not manage student visas. You must contact the Spanish Embassy in your country to find out about your visa requirements.

Embassies and Consulates

Immigration – Ministry of the Interior


You only know the real value of insurance when you need it (!)

The University of Vic – Central University of Catalonia does not require proof of insurance (with some exceptions) but we strongly recommend that international students take out adequate cover.

Before your arrival you should have:

Health insurance plans offer financial cover for medical expenses when the policy holder is hospitalised. A health insurance plan should confer a variety of benefits, such as free hospitalisation, day-care facilities and reimbursement of expenses incurred.

Based on our expertise in welcoming foreign students, we recommend that before arrival at UVic all our international exchange students take out comprehensive insurance with worldwide cover for every conceivable risk during the time spent abroad.

We suggest that you opt for a package that goes beyond mere travel insurance, including items such as the following:

  • Medical insurance, without deductions or co-payment: Emergency medical treatment and hospitalisation.
  • Covid-19.
  • Diagnostic tests.
  • Accident and disability protection.
  • Personal liability.   
  • Emergency cover for evacuation and repatriation.
  • Dental care.
  • Emergency 24/7 multilingual help line.
  • Online administration.
  • Legal assistance.
  • Worldwide cover.


If you are from any of the EU or EEA countries or Switzerland you should also get the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). This is a free card (personal and nontransferable) that gives you access to medically necessary, state-provided healthcare during a temporary stay in any of the European Economic Area (EEA) countries, including Switzerland.

When you show your EHIC, you will receive treatment under the same conditions as people insured in that country.

  • All international students will be required to sign a Declaration of Insurance responsibility.
  • Should you choose to ignore these recommendations, the University of Vic – Central University of Catalonia will not be held responsible for any possible liabilities.

Learning catalan

Catalonia has about seven million inhabitants and its own language and culture make up its distinctive character. Catalan is the main language at UVic-UCC and, together with Spanish, is co-official throughout Catalonia.

Since Catalan is spoken across the whole region, we strongly recommend that you register for the Catalan language courses offered at the University. The International Relations Unit and the main UVic-UCC services offer information in Catalan, Spanish and English. 


Both Vic and Manresa offer a variety of accomodation that can meet your needs depending on your preferences. You can finds out more about the city where you will be doing your internship by visiting the below websites:


Depending on your internship choice you will have to travel from/to Manresa or Vic. As the medicine internship takes place in the Universitary Hospitals of the Faculty, here you will find the adress and means of transport to go to both the Hospital Universitari de Vic and the Sant Joan de Déu Hospital at Manresa.


In case you find yourself in any emergency situation that requieres medical help, law enforcement, fire-fighters, etc. you should call the general emergency number in the European Union:

International Relations Office

Crta, Roda, 70, Vic, 08500

Anna Moreno Mayorga
International Relations Coordinator

¿No encuentras lo que buscas?


Si tienes alguna pregunta, nosotros tenemos la respuesta